Follow these guidelines, and you could have some extra coin in your pocket, and some bragging rights as the Phantom Flash winner.
– All submissions must absolutely be under 1,000 words, and we tend to look more kindly on 750 or fewer because… SPECTRAL SQUIRREL!
– All contest submissions will be read blind, so we won’t be playing favorites. Sorry, apparition of Mom.
– Please paste your submission into the corresponding field. Do not list your name anywhere in your submission or we’ll assume that you don’t know how to read.
– Costs $7 to enter. (Sorry, no refunds.)
– We reserve the right to extend deadlines if necessary (and you can expect our usual week-ish Procrastinator’s Special—with corresponding increase in submission fee for you slackers).
– Submissions must be previously unpublished work, and you will retain copyright (duh). By entering this contest you give us permission to publish your work—if selected for our Top 10—both online and in a future print anthology.
– No limit on how many entries you can submit, but you must submit them one at a time. Don’t just mash them all in there.
– Contest deadline is end of day (PST) Friday, January 31st, 2019. Winners announced on February 13th, and we’ll unleash the Phantom Flash mega-issue shortly thereafter.
– And, most importantly, this is a PHANTOM FLASH contest, so you must include some sort of uncanny, otherworldly, or fantastic element. But again, this can be in any form imaginable.