The top three entries will win cold, hard cash (USD):
$250 for Wild Flash winner
$125 for 2nd place
$75 for 3rd place
We also give mad props (do the kids still say “mad props”?)
to 4th-10th place,
publishing them in our Wild Flash mega-issue
and in a future print anthology, with contributor copy included.
Follow these guidelines, and you could have some extra coin in your pocket, and some bragging rights as the Wild Flash winner.
– All submissions must absolutely be under 1,000 words, and we tend to look more kindly on 750 or fewer because…WINDBLOWN SQUIRREL!
– All contest submissions will be read blind, so we won’t be playing favorites. Sorry, Mom.
– Please paste your submission into the corresponding field. Do not list your name anywhere in your submission or we’ll assume that you don’t know how to read.
– Costs $7 to enter (sorry, no refunds).
– We reserve the right to extend deadlines if necessary (and you can expect our usual week-ish Procrastinator’s Special—with corresponding increase in submission fee for you slackers).
– Submissions must be previously unpublished work, and you will retain copyright (duh). By entering this contest you give us permission to publish your work (if selected for our Top 10) both online and in a future print anthology.
– No limit on how many entries you can submit, but you must submit them one at a time. Don’t just mash them all in there.
– Contest soft deadline is end of day (PST) August 5th, 2019. Winners announced on August 19th and we’ll unleash the Wild Flash mega-issue shortly thereafter.
– And, most importantly, this is a WILD FLASH contest, so you must include some sort of force of nature. But again, this can be in any form imaginable.