Follow these guidelines, and your story could break on through to the other side.
– All submissions must absolutely be under 1,000 words, and we tend to look more kindly on 750 or fewer because… WHITE RABBIT!
– All contest submissions will be read blind, so we won’t be playing favorites.
– Please paste your entry into the corresponding field. Do not list your name anywhere or we’ll assume you don’t know to read.
– Entry fee is $10 USD during Procrastinator Special (Sorry, no refunds.)
– We reserve the right to extend deadlines if necessary (and you can expect our usual Procrastinator Special with corresponding increase in entry fee for you slackers).
– Submissions must be previously unpublished work, and you will retain copyright (duh). By entering this contest, you give us permission to publish your work (if selected for our Top 10) both online and in a future print anthology.
– No limit on how many entries you can submit, but you must submit them one at a time. Don’t just mash them all in there.
– Contest deadline is end of day (PST) Monday, June 14th, 2021 for Procrastinator Special. Winners announced on June 21st and we’ll unleash the Flash Vision mega-issue shortly thereafter.
– And, most importantly, this is a FLASH VISION contest, so you must include some sort of performative aspect, simulated reality, hallucinatory/dream sequence, or other illusory element. But again, this can be in almost any form imaginable.